Now that it is officially 2012, here are just some of the ideas I have for this blog in the upcoming months.
- Director Marathons
- Last month I took an informal Twitter poll about the directors whose entire filmography is worth checking out. I received a ton of responses (nearly 70) and I think it is necessary for me to start working my way through certain director’s filmographies. This may just be an excuse so that I finally watch all of Martin Scorsese/Stanley Kubrick/Akira Kurosawa’s (you get the point) films.
- Birthday Blitz Blogathon 2012
- Five Great Movies According To…
- You know my dad’s favorite movies and my mom’s favorite movies. But what about other people? I want this to become a more regular feature. One of my sisters has already agreed to share her favorite movies, though she claims her list consists of solely Dirty Dancing. So if you would be interested in sharing five of your favorite movies, send me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis Redux
- And I will continue to post the usual reviews, Oscars commentary, weekly film diets, lessons from bad movies, Skins recaps, Friday Night Classics, and my general misgivings about the movies I watch.
- Also. I will stop abbreviating For Cinephiles by a Cinefille to “FCBAC” because I sometimes think it stands for an undiscovered STD.
So these are some of my plans and I will start on them… tomorrow.