Less than 12 hours remain in 2006 and what year it was:
- Brokeback Mountain dominated at every award show, only to be beaten by Crash (Crash!?!?!?!?!?) at the Academy Awards.
- 2006 was the Year of the Celebrity Baby. Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, Suri Cruise, David Banda Ritchie, Kingston Rossdale, Sean Preston and Jayden James Federline, Dannielynn Marshall Stern, Moses Martin, Johan Samuel, Barron Trump… just to name a few.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Cars, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Da Vinci Code, and Superman Returns were the top Box Office hits of 2006.
- James Bond is back and better than ever.
- Little Miss Sunshine was the year’s sleeper hit.
- This year we said goodbye to: Glenn Ford, June Allyson, Peter Boyle, Don Knotts, Maureen Stapleton, Shelley Winters, Dana Reeve, Phillipe Noiret, Red Buttons, Dennis Weaver, Moira Shearer, Sven Nykvist, Jane Wyatt, Jack Palance, and Robert Altman.
My 10 favorite movies of 2006:
The Devil Wears Prada
An Inconvenient Truth
Little Miss Sunshine
I have to admit, the whole going to college thing really limited the number of movies I saw this year. So another list is order:
The Movies I Still Need To See:
Notes on a Scandal
Running With Scissors
The Painted Veil
The Pursuit of Happyness
Flags of Our Fathers
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Last King of Scotland
Children of Men