I should not have been surprised when The Office replicated the wedding entrance that had everyone talking this summer. It is a brilliant piece of sitcom writing.
But the sweetest moment on the episode came after the dance when Jim told the cameras -“I knew we needed a backup plan. The boat was actually Plan C. The church was Plan B. And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago. Pretty much the day I met her.” Awwwww.
This episode perfectly captured everything The Office is about. The ending was a cliche and that was the point. But it allowed for all the wacky characters to have their moment dancing (or not dancing ,in the case of Angela) down the aisle.
There were endless great moments during the long-awaited Jim and Pam wedding episode
– Dwight, sitting at the children’s table
– Kevin’s kleenex shoes and hair piece, which I didn’t think that looked too bad.
– Michael’s wedding gift – a hand-painted portrait- and ending up with Pam’s mom at the end (Ew! but I can’t wait to see how that plays out)
– Oscar’s disgust when someone thought his boyfriend was Kevin; “You thought I was dating this? What the hell is wrong with you?”
– Pam’s suggestion that she and Jim take mental pictures throughout the wedding. And then she did during his toast at the rehearsal dinner.
– Andy’s accident (poor guy) and Pam driving him to the hospital. Priceless.
– Meredith’s afternoon cigars. Need I say more?
So clearly I loved the episode. How about you? Was this your favorite TV wedding of all-time? Because it was certainly mine.
And for good measure, here is the original wedding entrance:
2 thoughts on ““Did you see this? It was on YouTube.” – Pam and Jim Get Married”
My friends were balling during that scene.
I think everyone was crying during this scene. Haha.